Call the CVI Quote Line now on:

0800 1970 444

Monday-Thursday: 9am-9pm. Friday: 9am-7pm.
Saturday: 9am-5.30pm. Sunday Online Only.

Terms and Conditions

Small Van Insurance

Small Van Insurance

Save money on small van insurance

At Cheaper Van Insurance, we provide services specifically tailored to people who require insurance for vans, camper vans, trucks and other related insurance products. This includes small van insurance, insurance for haulage vehicles and additional cover you may need such as tools in van and breakdown cover. Using the simple online quote request form, you can obtain quotations for your small van insurance from a panel of insurers.

When assessing your small van insurance needs, you should first determine the use of the vehicle. While some people need small van insurance for social domestic and pleasure use (SDP) only, many use their small van for business purposes, also. If you only drive your van for personal use and commuting to and from a fixed place of work, you will only require a small van insurance policy for SDP use. However, if you use your vehicle for business, you will need to ensure that your small van insurance policy provides cover for this, as it poses a different type of risk to the insurer. For example, if you are a plumber and you use your small van to travel to and from customers' premises, while carrying out your plumbing duties, you will need business use noted on your small van insurance policy. This is true no matter whether you are self-employed or working for an employer.

"Compare and get a great deal on your small van insurance"

Being the owner of a small van may mean that you carry items of value in your vehicle on a daily basis. Due to this probability, you will need to assess what level of cover you require. By law, you only need third party only (TPO) cover, but this cover will not protect you financially from damage or loss of your vehicle and its contents, and only insures your liability to third parties and third party property. Third party, fire and theft (TPFT) cover adds to TPO by insuring your own vehicle against theft, attempted theft and fire. However, TPFT will not cover damage or loss of your vehicle in a road traffic accident. Comprehensive cover is the most beneficial, but usually the most expensive. With a comprehensive small van insurance policy, you will be protected financially for loss of or damage to your vehicle in an accident, as well as giving you the benefits provided in TPO and TPFT cover. Due to the fact that many tools are theft-attractive items, you may wish to add tools in van cover to your small van insurance policy, depending on what cover is already provided by the insurer under the policy you purchase.

Before obtaining quotes for your small van insurance, be sure to have to hand the full and correct vehicle details for the van requiring cover, previous claims and conviction details for you and any other driver requiring cover and your no claims bonus (NCB) details. (Please note that spent convictions need not be disclosed under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.) Previously earned NCB, security features of the vehicle and choosing a higher excess to pay in the event of a claim are all relevant when trying to obtain the most competitive small van insurance premium.

You can complete the easy online quote request form and begin receiving your quotations, right now, by clicking the 'Get a Van Quote' button.

Cheaper Van Insurance is owned by APB Media Ltd and is an Introducer Appointed Representative of One-Sure Insurance Limited, which is authorised & regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA) under firm reference 447730. You may check this on the FSA's register by visiting the FSA's website, or by calling 0845 606 1234.